Elderberry syrup is great by itself or adding to your favorite yogurt!
Today, more than ever, in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, you might be wondering what you can do to strengthen your immune defenses. Your first and best line of defense against all of these dangers is a healthy immune system.
Today elderberry is mostly promoted for its antioxidant and antiviral effects. It owes its antioxidant prowess to the anthocyanins it contains. Anthocyanins are the type of flavonoids that give elderberries their purple hue. As antioxidants, anthocyanins help the body fight off harmful free radicals.
Elderberries are full of flavonoids and have strong antioxidant properties, plus they are full of Vitamin C. Just add elderberry syrup to your immune system regimen to start your day on the right foot!
Let's dive into this delicious and easy Elderberry Granola Parfait Recipe
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oat
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 Whole Raw Almonds
1/4 Dark Brown Sugar or Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Tablespoons Honey or Agave
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 Cup Raisins
1 T Elderberry Syrup
1/2 Cup Yogurt of your choice (we used plain nonfat greek)
1/2 Cup Berries
- Preheat oven to 300℉.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, coconut, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat the oil and honey in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds. Pour over oat mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack, stir in raisins and push granola to one side of the pan to cool. (This allows for those fabulous clusters!)
- Keep the granola in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Mix Göod Berry Co. Elderberry Syrup into yogurt. Spoon granola into bowl, top with yogurt and sliced fruit.